Syed A. Hasan, M.D. Associate Professor of Orthopedics Chief, Shoulder and Elbow Program
Dr. Hasan is an associate professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and chief of the Shoulder and Elbow Program with the University of Maryland Orthopedics Associates.
After receiving his medical degree from Georgetown University, Dr. Hasan completed an orthopedic residency at Washington University in St. Louis. He then completed a sports medicine fellowship in Northern Virginia. Dr. Hasan pursued further training with a shoulder and elbow fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society. He also has a sub-specialty certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine.
Dr. Hasan's research interests include basic science investigation of rotator cuff healing, computer-aided navigation for shoulder replacement surgery, rotator cuff repair techniques and elbow surgery outcomes.
Special interests include post-traumatic reconstruction, shoulder tendon transfers and humeral non-unions.
Click here for more information
Syed A. Hasan, M.D.
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1992
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, 1993
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, 1997
- Arthroscopy & Reconstructive Fellowship of N VA - Sports Medicine, 1998
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania - , 2003
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery, 2002
- University of Maryland Orthopedic Associates
- A University of Maryland Department of Orthopedics faculty member may have external professional relationships with health-care related businesses. These relationships often lead to the development of new treatments and therapies. The Department of Orthopedics believes that transparency and honesty in the reporting of these relationships is essential to maintaining trust with our patients and mitigating any conflicts of interest or perceived conflicts that may arise.
- For faculty who earn royalties on the sale of medical devices, no royalties are earned on any devices sold to patients or to hospitals that are part of the University of Maryland Medical System or in any other facilities where those faculty members treat patients.
- All external professional relationships maintained by members of the University of Maryland Department of Orthopedics are reviewed and approved in advance by the Dean of the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UM SOM) for conformance with UM SOM policies in regarding conflicts of interest, conflicts of commitment, and professionalism.
- Coming soon
University of Maryland Orthopedic Associates